Just over 60 days ago the summer countdown began for the kids to be out school and run into summer. I don't know about you but I was ready for a break from worrying about bedtimes, if homework was done and did we have something to scrape together for lunches. Now........here we are in the final less than ten days of summer and school is back! Are we ready????
- I am NOT ready for the alarm at 5:45am and getting everyone up and moving but I KNOW as Mom that we all need a little more schedule and structure to our days. As the kids have grown up over the summers. bedtime has stretched past the end of Jimmy Fallon and the wake up time is more like lunch time at school and Mom is ready for bed before the kids on many days (but I was ready for bed before them even when they were little and went to bed at 7p).
- Lunches.... During the summer breakfast & lunch get combined or it's lunches that are not sandwiches or eating out when we are running around. Making lunches is going to be a passing of the torch this year in our house. We started this at the end of the year - it was not a success - but I am sticking to they will be making their own lunch, as tweens and teens they truly are capable of it!
- I am not ready for the homework that goes with the new school year that is for sure. Especially since even though I completed 4 years of college at U of I, I am officially not smarter than grammar school it seems most times my kids need help.
- I do know that my kids are ready to see their friends daily. And for my boys to see friends in person since Fort Nite is only talking - yes we have had the battle of Fort Nite this summer.
- And Mom is looking forward to seeing my mom friends if even in the parking lot passing by, as life is so busy these days, it's so hard to get time away!
- And we all do better on a schedule and we have lacked that and as much as we say we don't - we do need some schedule - just not overschedule : )
So as they say all good things must come to an end and that is the truth for Summer of 2018. The last summer we have two drivers in the house. The summer that was a little slower pace but we needed that. Another summer of memories that we will treasure.
Now we move onto a fall that will bring new school classes, classmate and teachers, new sports teams, new photographs to capture and new memories.